& MYLONE-F SUSPENSION
METRONIDAZOLE IP 200mg + DILOXANIDE FUROATE IP 250mg + POLYDIMETHYL SILOXAINE I.P. 25mg
METRONIDAZOLE (AS BENZOATE) IP 100mg + FURAZOLIDONE IP 30mg
MYLONE TABLETS is available as oral tablets for adult and child patients.
Each tablet contains :
Metronidazole I.P. 200 mg.
Diloxanide Furoate I.P. 250 mg.
Polydimethyl Siloxaine I.P. 100 mg.
(Activated Charcoal coating)
MYLONE-F SUSPENSION is available as oral suspension mainly for paediatric use.
Each 5 ml contains :
Metronidazole (As Benzoate) I.P. 100 mg.
Furazolidone I.P. 30 mg.
(in a palatable syrup base)
MYLONE is a unique combination of anti-protozoal, anti-bacterial and anti-amoebic drugs along with anti-flatulant for the treatment of infections of the gastro-urinary tract.
PHARMACOLOGY & USES :
MYLONE is readily absorbed from the Gastro Intestinal tract and from the rectal mucosa and widely distributed in the body tissues. Maximum concentration occur in the serum after about 1 hour and traces are detected after 24 hours. Some portion may be irregularly absorbed from the small intestine. MYLONE-F suspension also has a antibacterial and antiprotozoal for the treatment of diarrhoea and gastro-enteritis of bacterial origin which passes through the intestinal tract without being absorbed and is metabolised and inactivated in the intestine; about 5% is excreted in the urine together with coloured metabolites thereby making it suitable for infants and children.
MYLONE has antiprotozoal and antibacterial actions and is effective against Trichomonas vaginalis and other protozoa including Entamoeba histolytica and Giardia lamblia, and against anaerobic bacteria. It also has pronounced use in treatment of intestinal amoebiasis chiefly for cyst passers. (Reference- Martindale the Extra Pharmacopoeia 28th Edition Page 969, 977).
MYLONE in addition also has an anti-flatulant (polydimethyl siloxaine) which acts by changing the surface tension of gas bubbles, thereby causing them to caolesce. It is therefore used in the treatment of flatulance and meterorism, for the elimination of gas, air or foam from the gastro-intestinal tract and for the releif of abdominal distension and dyspepsia which occurs in along with severe gastro-intestinal infections. It is also coated by Activated Charcoal to adsorb gases thereby giving a feeling of immediate relief.
MYLONE-F suspension has pronounced anti-bacterial and anti-protozoal action suited for children.
INDICATIONS AND USAGE :
MYLONE & MYLONE-F is indicated in :
- Treatment of Diarrhoea and Gastro-Enteritis
- Amoebic Dysentery with associated dyspepsia and flatulance
- Asymptomatic Amoebiasis alongwith passage of cysts
- Anaerobic Infections such as Bacteroides and Fusobacterium spp. And in the prevention of postoperative anaerobic
DOSAGE & ADMINISTRATION :
- The recommended dosage of MYLONE TABLETS in adults is 2 Tablets thrice daily for 7 days. A second course of treatment may be given, if needed, after an interval of 4 to 6 weeks.
- The suggested dose of MYLONE-F SUSPENSION for children is :
10-20 ml four times daily for 2-5 days
Half this dose is given for prophylaxis
A suggested therapeutic dose given four times daily is :
Infants 2-12 months - 2.5 ml
1-4 years - 5 ml
5 and over - 10 ml
1. Food with high tyramine content and alcoholic beverages should be avoided.
2. Contra indicated in patients with impaired hepatic function and renal impairement, hyperthyroidism or iodine intolerance.
3. Should be avoided in patients with neurological disorders.
4. Should not be given in patients with blood dyscrasias or with active disease of the central nervous system.
5. Should be avoided during pregnancy.
Store in a cool, dry and dark place.
MYLONE TABLETS is available as :
* Blister of Ten Tablet
MYLONE-F SUSPENSION is available as :
* 60 ml bottle